How can i delete my musically account? If you have a Musical.ly account that you no longer want, you might have realized already that it seems absolutely impossible to delete it – and there’s a reason for that.
There are a few factors that make it very hard to get rid of your Musically account, and in some cases it may be simply impossible:
If you’re a teen in the United States, you are also a resident in a state where your parents can force you to give them your private information. These states include California, Texas, and New Jersey. In New Jersey, you can be required to give your social security number when you apply for a job. If you aren’t eighteen years old, you can be forced to give your social security number, date of birth, home address, and the last four digits of your credit card. You can’t even change your name legally unless you’re eighteen and are allowed to apply for your name change.
In some states, this information isn’t even kept by the state. Some states such as New Hampshire and Utah simply don’t keep any information about minors on record.
In other states, however, you can sign away your rights to your own information. Most of the time, you can’t get it back.
However, Musical.ly has been able to work around this problem so far. If you think your parents might have access to your information and you want to delete it, here’s what you need to do.
How to Delete Your Musically Account?
It’s pretty easy to delete your Musical.ly account, if you’re willing to deal with a few obstacles. First of all, you’ll need to visit the site. Click the red button at the top right of your page. When you visit the site, click on “My Info” and then click on “Account Info”. You’ll then be able to check to see which state you’re in, if your parents are likely to find out about your account, and even if they have access to it.
If you want to cancel your subscription, the first thing you have to do is to create a new account. There are other accounts you can keep, but it’s not very likely that there will be a chance to delete your Musically account without creating a new one. If you already have a Musically account, you will have to close it – but not immediately after.
If you want to delete your Musically account, you can only do so via your phone. After all, it’s your phone you need to contact your Musically support and tell them about the fact that you want to delete your account. Be sure to contact your support team first, so they can check the account to see if there’s anything valuable you want to keep. And keep a copy of the information sent to you by your Musically support.
If you want to delete your Musically account, follow these steps:
- Go to your settings and tap on the gear icon in the top right corner. This will take you to the “Settings & Privacy” menu.
- Now, tap on the “Accounts & privacy” menu. On this page you will see a list of your accounts and devices you can log in on. To delete your account, tap on the menu on the left side of your screen, tap on “Manage your account” and tap on “Delete” on the pop up window.
- A confirmation dialog will ask you to confirm that you want to delete your account and this is where you need to confirm that you really want to delete it. After you have confirmed, you will be given another dialog to confirm that you want to delete the account from your phone and your device. Then, you will be asked if you want to delete any photos, videos, comments, and your location data. You have to tap “Delete” again in all these confirmation dialogs.
- You will be presented with a confirmation dialog once again, but this time asking if you want to leave Musically. You’ll have to tap “Continue” and then “Leave Musically” to finalize your deletion.
- After a little while, you will be brought back to the Home screen where you can log in to your music app again. If you already have an account with a different account, the settings won’t allow you to log in. This is to make sure that you’re not opening up more than one account on your device.
This will help you delete all your data associated with your Musically account. Once your data has been deleted, it cannot be recovered and if you have not backed up your data from Musically, you will have to delete all your data and data stored in your app from your phone. You can read our guides to help you back up data from Musically and delete all your data from Musically.